Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Back In the Swing

Well... here is my latest fun.

I have begun teaching classes at my local Hobby Lobby... the Wilton Cake Classes.  Needless to say.. this is my first time teaching this class and I think I made a complete and utter fool of myself.  I sooo feel sorry for the students.  I do know one thing... I think I made their first day of class an UNFORGETABLE moment.

Anything and everything went awry. 

First... our course books didn't come in.  So I had to make copies of the first lesson for a full 15 person class.
Second... I clumsily took down the beautiful curtain that hung behind me by stepping on it as I was tightly sqeezed behind my "demo" table.
Third.... I kept losing my tools or misplacing them as I was demonstrating... (I felt so disorganized which is not like me)
Fourth... I was trying to show how to pipe colored piping gel...lost my scissors and tried to use my nail to "cut" the plastic... which then shot across my apron... upon the floor and upon the wall behind me.

Thank God most of them laughed... a few may think I'm nuts and might not come back for the 2nd class.  I hope I'm not this entertaining next week.... I wanted to climb into my tool box and hide so badly. *sigh*

Needless to say...  it's over.... now ... who's up for round TWO?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you... but Please do not include anything profane and/or inappropriate, as I have small children on my lap at any given moment reading over my shoulder. Thanks!