Monday, May 31, 2010

Graduation Time

Hi... its that time of the year.  Kids becoming kids no more.  Now productive members of society going off to college and making their parents proud. 

Here is my latest bit of cake fun.  Kassidy's Graduation Cake.  For a wonderful young lady who is into Musicals, Hot Pink, Shopping and Fun.  She is graduating from St. Josephs and going on to TLU so I tried to incorporate the colors of her past, future and present onto her cake.

St. Joe's Royal and White
TLU's Black and Gold
and her favorite color HOT PINK (gotta love that girl!!)

She also loves the musicals Grease, Hairspray, and High School Musical (Zac is soooo dreamy... LOL)
so I added a bit of that into her design.

And her two favorite kitty cats.

Kassidy was also encased in sugar.  Yup... that sugar.  Fondant/Gumpaste to be exact.  I used a tutorial by Lorraine out of the UK which was AWESOME and easy to follow.  Also a wonderful friend (Tracye) who does exceptional sugar figures was my beginning inspiration and taught me the basic how-to's.  Thank you TRACYE!!!

Just like anything... I make a preliminary sketch which is always subject to change and improvement as the art comes together... it started with this sketch and turned into ...

















Without futher ado... here is my art.
A bit of bling on the Marquee announcing her graduation.  That was made with Piping Gel and Hologram glitter.
Here is Kassidy on her phone bragging to her friends about earning her Diploma and going off on her own!

Thanks for checking me out!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you... but Please do not include anything profane and/or inappropriate, as I have small children on my lap at any given moment reading over my shoulder. Thanks!