Thursday, May 13, 2010

Latest Cake Fun

Hi everyone!! Welcome back!!

Here is the latest round of cakes that I have had the pleasure to play with.  The first one was for a wonderful lady's retirement.  The flowers are made with a 50/50 fondant gumpaste mix and color washed to add depth of color (although my junky camera can't show it)
The next cake shown was for my sons best friend and Bakugon fan.  My inspriation came from Claudia of Cakerific (who is my newest favorite blog to visit).  She does phenominal work.  If you get a chance stop by there and check out her ART!!  It is jaw dropping.  Of course her version puts my cake to shame (I proudly wear the cone of shame next her)

Mine (pix left)

Hers:  http://cakerific.blogspot.com/2009/02/carzy-cool-cakes.html

No comparison... hers blows mine out of the water!

(Someday I may grow up to be like her... but it wouldn't be until I'm well into my 100's)

1 comment:

  1. OMG! You do excellent work! I loved reading through your blog and seeing all your beautiful cakes!!

    -Jenniffer
    http://cupadeecakes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you... but Please do not include anything profane and/or inappropriate, as I have small children on my lap at any given moment reading over my shoulder. Thanks!